I am not sure what to call myself … perhaps most appropriate would be an Indian environmentalist working on development – environment interface, biodiversity policy, and alternatives. Environment and wildlife have been passions since high school in Delhi, when (in 1978-79) I helped found Kalpavriksh, a non-profit organisation in India which deals with environmental and development issues. From that time onwards I’ve been associated with peoples’ movements like Narmada Bachao Andolan and Beej Bachao Andolan. I finished my Masters in Sociology in mid-1980s, but did not continue in regular academics. From then till mid-1990s…
Areas of Interest & Experience
I have been studying, researching, vocalising and working hands-on on various issues related to the environment – from wildlife and biodiversity to community participation in conservation and sustainable livelihoods.
- Modi orders decommissioning of Sardar Sarovar!
- Global waarming is very haarming, saar
- PM Modi’s lesson in humility to the nation
- Activists demand labelling of GM mosquitos
- Don’ts and Dos of Ladakhi Loos
- Delhi to be declared Tiger Reserve